Manasi Drew and the mystery of the disappearing passwords

Despite my optimistic outlook (that is about how optimistic I can get)in my first post on my brand new blog, 2008 hasn't been my year yet. My job search isn't going so well and I am being traumatised by the mystery of the disappearing passwords. First my rediff account locked me out for a random reason. I couldn't remember the password to my rediff shopping account and instead of helping me retrieve that password, rediff decided to lock me out of my email account. Then there was my earlier blog. I couldn't remember the password to that too(alright, I'm a little forgetful, part of being a creative genius!) and so tried to retrieve it through what google promised would be a couple of easy steps. I should have known better than to trust those words.Haven't I heard them before in so many forms 'It will hurt just a little bit', 'I promise you will enjoy it'. For all you dirty/curious minds, the above words were uttered in entirely different contexts viz the dentist before a root canal and a friend before watching Kisna. Anywho.......long story short, I had to get a new blog. New year, fresh start to my life, I decided to record all my passwords in a word file so I won't ever forget it. That should solve my problems. Yea, right!

Then come along Doostang, an incredible job search site which is by invitation only. I got someone to send me an invite, set up my account and uploaded my resume, did everything a good girl should do and ignored the Project Runway marathons and tubs of chocolate icecream.
Then as a reward for my very hard work Doostang locks me out, this time no reason whatsoever. Not only does it pronounce my password incorrect (the nerve) but also my email id. At this point I'm in tears, my email id does exist and no snot nosed excuse for a site is going to tell me otherwise. So there! I showed em.
Today morning I tried to access my library card which doesn't even have a password, you can just login with your card number and that too has been given the death sentence. I am beyond mad now.
The paranoid and over imaginative me is feeling like Sandra Bullock in The Net. The not so imaginative me is feeling just plain annoyed.

I'm launching a full scale offensive to get my accounts back!

4 comments:

Majjha ulekch nahi kuhte...!!! ( i helped her to recover the password.... but no mention of me in the blog..!!!!...)... :X

tujha ulekh karu??!!! you weren't able to get my password, and you call yourself an ethical hacker!!!!!!!!!
its a good thing i didn't mention you, tuja reputation gela asta

He hee..nice one Manu.