Found it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I first saw the face on some HDTV design show and I was hooked. Its was what I imagined angels would look like. Cherubic, sweet with rounded apple cheeks, melancholy saucer eyes and cupid bow lips, that face was captivating and at the same time strangely familiar. Its the sort of familiar that turns into a niggling annoyance at the back of your mind. ,I kept thinking about it on and off and I could never really figure out. Its like that piece of song you keep humming but cannot remember where you heard it. Like a will-o-wisp, the 'Aha' moment keeps eluding you. I finally saw an old Will and Grace episode, did some digging and uncovered it. I got my 'Aha' momnet! Yay!

I know that this discovery is not going to amuse anyone but me, when I old and gray and reading my posts (I do that, often) but what have you got to lose, right? If you are familiar with art-shart, you will chuckle and think to yourself, I know of better artistes/ I can't believe she didn't know someone so famous or you will get a chance for your 'Discovery of the day'.

So Drumroll please..........Piero Fornasetti (try saying the name, very sexy) is the artiste who was inspired by this face and went on to paint it on every surface imaginable, from dinner plates to lamp shades. His bio will tell you more about him than I can, seeing as I just figured out who puts those faces on stuff.I also found out where you can get this stuff in New York so the next you come over to my place, it might just look like this.





0 comments: