Arrested Development


I have no idea how this show slipped under the radar despite getting critical acclaim. I, a devout follower of all sitcoms, dramedys(drama-comedy) and such, missed this till it was well into its last season. Like all familys in the TV world, this one is deliciously dysfunctional. The Bluths are over the top, materialistic, neurotic, selfish and completely unrepentent. Jason Bateman as Micheal Bluth is as dishy as ever. He is the voice of conscience for the family amd brings a sweet sincerity to the character. I lurrve him. I do, I do....but enough about him. Micheal Cera, the Juno kid is there, so are Jeffrey Tambor, Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, Henry Winkler, Alia Shawkat, Tony Hale, Jessica Walter. Aw, you had me at Jeffrey Tambor and Will Arnett. Will Arnett's wife also pops in for a cameo, as his wife. And there's David Cross as a closet gay with a 'nevernude' condition. Have I sold it yet?
Its impossible to pick anyone for a special mention. The cast is marvellous. I can't find a superlative that will describe how good they are. Together, they are as good as vanilla icecream over hot brownies...even better.
Ron Howard, my favoritest actor-director is the executive producer on this show and he the narrator too.
Watch out for all the inside jokes and references to the actors previous projects.

You can find season one full episodes here. I don't think its in syndication, I haven't seen it yet. So dvds are our only bet for the remaining seasons.

0 comments: